Monday, August 01, 2005

It's been a month since my last post. High time I added to my collection of rambling thoughts. So why the lengthy break in the rambling? Well, for the past ten days my church has had a second attempt at Soul in the City, and I was jointly coordinating it. This hasn't left me much time for anything else, except eating, sleeping and wondering what I'd do when I got my life back. In fact, what with preparations for SITC, there hasn't been time for much more than this for the past six weeks or so. Anyway, excuses over.
So, since my last post, this is what you've all missed:
  • I was offered an interview for a very tempting communications job with a charity
  • I was informed by this charity (very apologeticlly) that funding for this job had fallen through and that I should probably seek alternative employment
  • Jo and I have begun seriously considering some rather off-the-wall options for our future
  • I found myself being given a (hopelessly tongue-tied) phone interview for the position of Customer Services Officer for a high street bank
  • I've also had some very enjoyable time away and been reminded that I really don't need to worry about anything, because God is in charge of my future
  • And finally, my application form for next year's London Marathon has arrived. Another winter of early morning 6 mile runs, niggling achilles tendon problems, giving up alcohol and boring my friends by moaning about all of these beckons

Hopefully, now SITC is over, I'll be able to post more regularly. My first aim is to see whether I can post my CV somehow. I don't know whether anyone who reads my blog would be interested or capable of employing me, but it's worth a try...

No comments: