Friday, October 15, 2010

Competitions and novels and things

Cazart's October flash fiction comp is upon us. (Has it been a month already?) I'll be having another go at this, if I can jsut decide which of my recent efforts I should enter. Any thoughts on this?

Also, I just discovered Spike the Cat. It's an opportunity for fiction writers to get some of their stuff published as part of a compilation, so that established publishers will be more likely to take us seriously. I'm particularly intrigued by Somebody has to Die (Volume IV). If I can provide a decent short story by 30th Nov, I'm in with a chance of getting it published. I could even win £100 if the judge decides it's the best piece. Now I just need a decent idea...

Finally, I'm also taking the plunge and making a start on a novel. I always promised myself I'd write a novel one day, and I reckon it's about time I got on with it. Don't want to say too much more about it now, but drop me an email or a private message if you're interested.

No comments: