Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Welcome to my world. I think you'll like it here. The sun always shines, the birds sing in perfect four-part harmony and anyone caught taking themselves too seriously immediately has their trousers removed.
It's all looking rather minimalist at the moment, but this site will soon be brimming over with news, thought-provoking views, music and book recommendations, and a fair amount of humour. (Well, at least a fair amount of stuff I find funny. You might find it about as funny as a colonoscopy.)
I think you'll agree it's high-time I introduced myself. So I will. My name is Simeon Whiting. I'm 26, a londoner, and married to Jo. I'm currently employed as a youth worker by Forest Hill Community Church, but you find me at a very intriguing juncture in my life, whereby I've just handed in my notice, effective of the end of August, to try my luck as a writer. As you can imagine, this decision has raised a few eyebrows, not least those of my parents, who were labouring under the misapprehension that I was a good, responsible boy. So I'm now seeking employment in the media industry, which is proving tricky for someone with five years' experience as a youth worker and none whatsoever in journalism. Still, at least I've got my natural charm to fall back on. Oh dear.

No comments: